Saturday, January 10, 2004

What I am looking forward to

What one thing are you most looking forward to . . .

1. ...today?
Taking it real easy staying out of the cold and watching Providence @ Rutgers Men's Basketball ... I hope the game is a very good win for Rutgers ... losing by one to UConn was great but I would rather win ... It should be a tough game ....

2. ...over the next week?
My improv class ... tightening up my resume ... and hopefully hearing from some employers and of course me and my sweeties first anniversary on Sunday, Jan 18th(from first date) .. I love you Lanna

3. ...this year? Hopefully, Bush losing the election ... The Athens Summer Olympics ... Working for a change .. Writing ... Taking more improv classes .. Having a clearer path ... Spending more time with Lanna ... Having fun with Lanna's Family on July 4th in Maine ... Also Rites of Spring and another pagan event in two weekends for mid-winter..

4. ...over the next five years?
Fatherhood, Marriage, Starting to see over my debt, a good career path, a home, coaching some youth sports, gaining more maturity

5. ...for the rest of your life?

Again Fatherhood, Having children and grandchildren, Traveling all around the world, meeting unbelievable people, Conversations, Books, Movies ... This should be a great century even with a most unaudacious beginning

I will say this probably will NOT be the American Century (that was the 20th Century) no matter how hard we try to be the hegemon of the world. The British Century was probably the 19th Century (although the did control the US through the 18th Century) and the 20th Century saw a great loss of power for the British Empire ... The Sun definitely sets on the British Empire and the post-colonial world is still terribly uncertain... Trying to form countries off of the lines drawn by Europe does not make for tribes and peoples that get along (ie the Sudan, Iraq .......)

I hope everyone stays warm today and I wish you all well... ecq ...

btw: Its 1 degree outside right now in NYC

No comments: