Friday, April 09, 2004

Book Crossing!!

Just found a really really cool website ...

http://www.bookcrossing.com/home

Bookcrossing.com is a site which promotes letting books run free ....

Considering that I am a known bibliophile and also a horrible hoarder of all things written I think this is really, really cool.

I am still learning about how this works but basically you register a book by its ISBN number get a bookcrossing ID ... write it on a label or a printout you can use and when it is ready let it run free into the world.

Going to a meetup.com Meet-Up meeting about BookCrossing on Tuesday at 7 pm at the Starbucks on 29th and Park .... So I will certainly learn more about it there....

Really cool idea though to see where a book might go on its travels and see if it can be more then a dust collector on your shelf ....

It also can work of a database of your books. There are like 230,000 users and 993,000+ books registered so far all around the world ...

If you are interested in this my ID is rurugby on the site and certainly become my friend and see if there are any books you are interested in.

I really love the idea of just leaving a book on the subway or in the park too ... Have to worry about the bizarre police though that do not like things left anywhere ...

The wound is healing well... And I actually temped all week for 40 hours this week ... the $600 pre-tax wont help my debt too much but should stem the bleeding a bit (much more dangerous wound then the 5 stitches on my wrist) ...

Here is a hot link to Book Crossing !!!! ....

Enjoy the Spring and we should go to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and look at flowers ... At the parents place near Princeton, NJ this weekend which is overrun with books to use my new playful site on.

Wow this post is wicked long.

Thanks for the good words on my injury too.

And finally if you haven't already change your viewing style to blog mode so you can look at people's earlier posts ...

ed d

No comments: