Saturday, December 23, 2006

10 (or 12) Random Songs on the IPod

In the Boston Globe Calendar section ...

They sometimes have a little piece about 10 random songs on the IPod ....

So I will do it plus star rating .. I also can't skip songs I really don't like

#1 "Come On, Let's Go" by Los Lobos (La Bamba Soundtrack) ... (3 stars out of 5 - par) (not rated before)
#2 "Do It Sweet" by Various Reggae Artists(none specified) .. .Reggae Roots album ... *** (not rated before)

#3 "How Bizarre" by OMC .. How Bizarre ... ****

#4 "Do It Twice" by Bob Marley and the Wailers ... Reggae Fever, Vol. II ***

#5 "A Monologue by Fozzie Bear" by The Muppets ... The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem and More 25th Anniversary ****

#6 "Havana Moon" by Chuck Berry ... The Great Twenty-Eight *** (new choice)

#7 "The Simpsons Halloween Special End Credits Theme" by The Simpsons .. Songs in the Key of Springfield ... ***

#8 "Medley: In a Sentimental Mood/Mood Indigo/I'm Beginning to See the Light ..." by Duke Eliington .. Such Sweet Thunder ... **** (unrated choice)

#9 "Oh, Pretty Woman" by Rob Orbison .. The All-Time Greatest Hits of Ray Orbison .... ****

#10 "I Can't Stand the Rain" by The Commitments .... The Commitments ... ***

1,2, 6 and 8 had not been rated in my IPod before .... Although I know Havana Moon and Come On Lets Go pretty well ...

What would your 10 random IPod choices be??

Merry Christmas!

ecq

Bonus 11th track ... "All-Star" by Smash Mouth ... **** (from one of my wife's compliations)

12th ... "The Boxer" by Carbon Leaf ... Another Shot of Redeye (Compliation) .. ***

Enjoy your gifts and spending time with your loved ones!

1 comment:

Donald E. Jones, Ph.D. said...

Hi Edmund,
I saw your post on a cake website and you said you were the cousin of Alexandra Foote. I am an old friend of an Alexandra Foote and trying to figure out if that picture is her. Was she at one time married and living in Sonoma?