Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Most enjoyable Book

I just read a most enjoyable book "The Finer Points of Sausage Dogs" by Alexander McCall Smith ... ****1/2 ... I don't always finish the books I finish but this one was most entertaining.

It also has the nice aspect of only being 128 pages long ) ... I really enjoyed the eccentricity of the main character and the author winking at himself.

I also loved how I got the book .. at the UU Church of the Lehigh Valley in Bethlehem, PA they have a give a book/ take a book bookcase .. Being UUs, they often give more books (as most unitarians have 100s- if not thousands of book) then they take .. I found some good ones like this and Being There.

Got my first shipment of Blockbuster DVDs (i like the 2 free rentals in the store (games or videos) but don't like no NC-17 movies or the recommender as much as NetFlix) .. .anyway it was $1 for 6 weeks so hey .. Got March of the Penguins, The Fog of War and Control Room...

I hope 2006 is treating you all well....

ecq

No comments: